Frequently Asked Questions

Category Descriptions

What are the registration fees for the 2011 Forum?

Visit the Registration page to view fees and deadlines.

Why do I have to pay a membership fee for the 2011-2012 year when I already have an active 2010-2011 membership?

According to the terms set by the AIR Board of Directors, Forum attendees are required to hold a membership for the subsequent membership year. This has been a long-standing policy of the Association.

What is the difference between an Organizational Membership and an Individual Membership?

An Organizational Membership is owned by an organization and may be transferred to another person within the same institution or organization, regardless of the method and source of payment. It does not cover everyone at the institution or organization.

An Individual Membership is owned by an individual and is non-transferable, regardless of the method and source of payment.

Please visit the Membership page more information.

Is there a discount for sending multiple attendees from the same organization or institution?

No. Each Forum attendee must pay the full registration fee as well as the 2011-2012 AIR membership.

Do I need to pay a registration fee for my guest?

Yes. All Forum attendees are welcome to bring guests to Toronto. A Guest Registration is available for $75.00 and includes access to the Opening Reception on Sunday, May 22; Monday Evening Receptions on Monday, May 23; the Annual Luncheon on Wednesday, May 25; and all morning and afternoon refreshment breaks. Guests may not attend educational or plenary sessions.

Guest(s) receive a name badge that permits access to the aforementioned events.

My institution is paying my Forum registration fee. How do I purchase tickets to the Duckwall Scholarship Celebration separately?

If you are registering online and need separate receipts:

• Begin the registration process and select only the fees that your Institution will cover.
  • Proceed to check-out and submit payment.
  • After submitting payment, return to the Registration page and use the “Register Separately for Pre-Forum Workshops or the Duckwall Scholarship Dinner” option and select the additional items you would like to purchase with your personal payment.

If you are registering online and need only one receipt:

• Begin the registration process and select the appropriate Forum registration fees and additional items you would like to purchase.
  • When you reach the “Payment Information” page you may split your balance due among different forms of payment.

What is the 2011 cancellation policy?

AIR will refund registration fees in full if requests are made in writing to the AIR Executive Office by Friday, May 6, 2011 (two weeks before Forum). Requests may be mailed, faxed (850)385-5180), or sent by email to forum@airweb.org. Refunds will not be given for “no shows” or requests made after May 6, 2011. Membership fees are not refundable.

What discounts are available for graduate students and how do I know if I qualify for them?

Graduate Student Registration - $50.00 ($290.00 off the regular Forum registration rate)

Includes the same experience and benefits as a regular registration, such as:

• Forum program materials
  • Access to all Forum concurrent sessions
  • An invitation to the Sunday night Opening Reception and Wednesday Annual Luncheon
  • Exhibit Hall admission for information on the latest advancements in technology, techniques, and services

Pre-Forum Workshops, the AIR President's Duckwall Scholarship Celebration, and optional special events are not included in Forum registration fees. These events can be purchased during the online Forum registration process, or added at a later date.

Graduate Student Membership - $30.00

Benefits for 2011-2012 include:

• One free AIR book of your choice (new members also receive The Primer for Institutional Research as a welcome gift)
  • Exclusive discounts on IR and higher education publications
  • Subscriptions to Electronic AIR (e-AIR), the Professional File, and IR Applications
  • Access to the Forum, AIR's annual conference
  • Advance notification, discounts, and preferred registration for webinars, workshops and institutes
  • Access to IR job opportunity resources

Graduate student members are not entitled to vote or hold elective office. Graduate student membership is not transferable.

To be eligible for graduate student registration fees and membership, you must be actively pursuing a graduate degree and not employed full time.

Category Descriptions

What are the general start and end times for the 2011 Forum?

Pre-Forum Workshops will be held all day on Saturday, May 21, 2011, and Sunday, May 22, 2011.

The first Plenary Session and Opening Reception will take place on Sunday, May 22, 2011, beginning at 4:30 p.m.

The Forum will conclude at the end of the Annual Luncheon (2:30 p.m.) on Wednesday, May 25.

When will a complete listing of Concurrent Sessions and descriptions be available?

The “My Schedule” tool will be available in February to view sessions and plan personalized Forum schedules.

Will food be provided during the Forum?

Hors d'œuvres at the Opening Reception on Sunday, May 22, and the Forum Annual Luncheon on Wednesday, June 2, are included in your Forum registration fee. Morning and afternoon beverage breaks will be provided on Monday, May 23 and Tuesday, May 24. No other food is provided as part of the Forum registration fee.

When are lunch breaks scheduled?

Lunch breaks are not scheduled during the Forum so participants can select the time that best fits their personal needs.

Category Descriptions

Where can I find Pre-Forum Workshop information?

A variety of hands-on professional development workshops will be offered on Saturday and Sunday, May 21 and 22. Prices range from $90.00 for half-day workshops to $180.00 for full-day workshops.

Visit the Pre-Forum Workshop page for more information.

Do I need to register for the 2011 Forum to attend the Pre-Forum Workshops?

No. AIR members holding a 2010 - 2011 OR 2011 - 2012 membership may attend a Pre-Forum Workshop without registering for the Forum.

Category Descriptions

How can I make hotel reservations and what is the AIR group rate?

Phone: Make your hotel reservation by calling The Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel reservation hotline, 1-888-627-7175. Reference ‘AIR Annual Forum’ to receive the group rate.

Online: Make your hotel reservation online by visiting the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel Web page.

2011 Forum Hotel Rates:
Reserve by March 20, 2011
$179 CAD per night, plus tax (single/double)

After March 20, 2011
$219 CAD per night, plus tax (single/double)

Does the hotel have an airport shuttle?

Hotel shuttles to and from the Pearson International Airport run every half hour from 4:15 a.m. until 4:10 p.m. and every 20 minutes after 4:10 p.m. Tickets can be purchased from the hotel's tour desk or from the shuttle driver. Pickup at Pearson International Airport is located at the taxi stand. Buses will be marked as “Airport Express”. Pickup at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel is located on the Richmond Street side of the hotel's parking facility.

Pricing:
One Way Fare: $21.95 CAD
Round Trip Fare: $36.25 CAD
Save 10% by purchasing online.

For more information or to book your shuttle service online, please click here.

What are the parking fees for Forum attendees?

Valet Parking is available on a first come, first served basis at the hotel for $45.00 CAD per night (subject to change) with unlimited in and out privileges.  The hotel will extend complimentary parking in the Motor Court (up to 30 minutes) for the unloading of luggage at time of arrival.  There are various city and privately owned parking lots adjacent to the hotel.  Rates vary from $5.00 to $20.00 per hour, with daily maximums of $5.00 to $40.00.  Full details are available at www.greenp.com.